The church of S. Maria Immacolata all’Esquilino was built between 1896 and 1914 for the Grey Friars of Charity, founded by Ludovico da Casoria. It was consecrated on 21 April 1941 and the architects, Cursi and Cortese designed it in neo-Gothic style with a nave and two aisles, separated by columns and windowed.
The congregation of the Grey Friars disbanded in 1973 and nowadays the church is a supplementary place of worship for the parish of Santi Marcellino e Pietro al Laterano. The Vicariate of Rome wanted to change the lighting, and the new design is by architect, Mauro Angeletti from Starching, with the consultancy of Luce & Co.
Reggiani Illuminazione LED luminaires were used, many of which were created specifically for this purpose. Special Ladder luminaires with one and two 26 W HQ LED optics and 26 W HQ Sunluce (39064) light the columns and the main arches. Detail lighting is provided by Envios with 6 W HQ LEDs. The pendant is a Fivespot with 26 W LEDs.