Warranty conditions for INTERIOR and EXTERIOR products with a LED light source
Warranty conditions offered by Reggiani Lighting S.r.l. for the supply of products that use LED light sources.
Because Reggiani products have such a high standard of quality, the company can offer a contractual warranty of five (5) years for INTERIOR products, and three (3) years for EXTERIOR products, as specified below.
This warranty applies to Reggiani products that use LED light sources, and it is limited to the LED light source and control gear technologies.
In particular, this warranty only covers:
- the products for INTERIORS presented in the official documentation (catalogue, product brochures) and on the company’s website – provided that they are used in environments with a maximum temperature of 25 °C – for defects exceeding the nominal failure rate of 0.2% per 1,000 hours of use, considering an average use of 12 hours per day;
- the products for EXTERIORS presented in the official documentation (catalogue, product brochures) and on the company’s website – provided that they are used in environments with an ambient temperature of between -20 °C and +40 °C – for defects exceeding the nominal failure rate of 0.2% per 1,000 hours of use, considering an average use of 12 hours per day;
- the LED products with multiple light sources, which show:
- in the first 2 years of the product’s lifetime, defects exceeding 5% of the installed LED components;
- from the third year of the product’s lifetime, defects exceeding 10% of the installed LED components.
2) WARRANTY CONDITIONS
This warranty will be effective only provided that:
1) the consumer utilizes the Reggiani product according to the product’s specifications;
2) the product is properly installed by qualified technical staff who meet the respective regulatory requirements;
3) the consumer has not modified the luminaires and/or no maintenance/repairs have been performed without the written authorization of Reggiani’s Engineering Department;
4) the system (installation) that utilizes the luminaires in question is registered at www.reggiani.net within 60 days after the luminaire invoice date;
5) the customer has made regular payment for the product in compliance with the agreed terms of payment.
- Defective products must be sent to Reggiani Illuminazione within 10 days after the malfunction is discovered, or this warranty will be null and void, and the costs of the shipment will be the customer’s responsibility. The customer is responsible for the costs of disassembly and reassembly. Any costs incurred to access the installation site (for example, mobile scaffolding, lifts, opening up areas during evening hours, third party assistance) are the customer’s responsibility.
3) TERM AND LIMITS OF WARRANTY
The warranty on Reggiani products with LED light sources that Reggiani Lighting S.r.l. offers to the CUSTOMER is valid for five (5) years on products for INTERIORS and three (3) years for products for EXTERIORS effective from the date of the relevant invoice, up to a maximum use of 22,000/hours (corresponding to 12 hours of daily operation, as indicated above).
This contractual warranty does not cover:
- defects of less than or equal to 0.2% per 1,000 hours of use;
- a reduction in the luminous flux of less than 30%.
The warranty does not cover
- damage caused by transport;
- damage caused by using the luminaire under inappropriate environmental conditions;
- damage caused by negligence, lack of maintenance, or attempts to repair it by unqualified or unauthorized personnel, or by using non-original accessories or parts;
- electrical components subject to wear and tear that are comparable to consumables (e.g. batteries, sensors, etc );
- luminaires powered by drivers not supplied by Reggiani Lighting S.r.l.;
- luminaires installed in systems that have an imbalance (voltage/current) in the power factor of less than 0.8;
- luminaires installed in systems without protection against power surges of any kind (for example lightning);
- systems with more than 30 luminaires on the same line (Phase – Neutral). If the system has a 2- or 3-pole upstream circuit breaker, the maximum number of luminaires must be reduced by 20% or 30%, respectively;
- any buzzing when dimmed.
5) APPLICATION OF THE WARRANTY
- The contractual warranty set out herein is effective only if the customer submits a written complaint to Reggiani Lighting S.r.l., to be sent by registered letter with advice of receipt, no later than eight (8) days after the luminaire begins to function poorly, or it will be null and void.
- In order to avail himself of the contractual warranty provided here, the CUSTOMER must provide proof that he has complied with the above conditions.
- The warranty is offered to the END CUSTOMER and is valid for the first installation of the luminaires. Subsequent installations of said luminaires are not covered by this warranty.
Defects in the luminaires will be evaluated by Reggiani Lighting S.r.l., which will have sole discretion to determine whether they are covered by the warranty conditions set out herein.
- If Reggiani recognizes a product defect reported by the Customer under the terms of this warranty, they will have the right to a replacement or to a repair of the complete item, or of its control gear, if (at Reggiani’s sole, final discretion) the defect relates to that part. Reggiani Lighting S.r.l. reserves the right to replace a defective product with another product with a similar design and the same or better performance, or to refund the customer for the purchase price.
- Replacement products retain the terms of the original warranty.
- The costs of labor to replace luminaires are not covered, nor is any damage, even if only indirect, connected to the luminaire’s defect.
- No agent, distributor or dealer is in any way authorized to change, modify or extend the terms of the warranty on behalf of Reggiani Lighting S.r.l., under any circumstances.
- At Reggiani’s request, non-conforming or defective products will become the property of Reggiani as soon as they are replaced.
6) GOVERNING LAW – JURISDICTION
The application, interpretation and all questions pertaining to the validity and effects of this contractual warranty shall be determined and governed by Italian law.
Any and all disputes in any way related to this warranty or connected or related to it shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Monza.
Pursuant to and for purposes of articles 1341 and 1342 of the Italian Civil Code, the clauses set out in the following articles: 2 (warranty conditions), 3 (term and limits of warranty), 4 (exclusions), 5 (application of the warranty) and 6 (governing law – jurisdiction) are specifically approved.
Reggiani Lighting S.r.l.